Position Description / Details
This is an entry level IT support help desk position. Under general supervision, the Information Technology Technician 1 performs hardware and software support, computer and information technology installations, moves, upgrades, provides timely support for appropriate Help Desk service requests, performs client support and service functions.
- Troubleshoot and repair computer and related technologies based on user input and/or feedback
- Implement scheduled hardware and software upgrades
- Document service histories and completed service requests including lessons learned in order to identify and maximize future efficiencies
- Implement desktop images
- Collect, protect, and transfer data from old workstations to new
- Implement scheduled classroom and office configurations, moves and changes within regards to IT related equipment
- Provide patch management for computers and related technologies
- Manage and deploy student software packages
- Provide basic IT training and instructions on teaching aids, materials, and equipment to faculty, staff and students
- Maintain records and data base entries of all inventoried equipment procured, moved or surplus
- Organize and manage shop supplies and tools
Other Work Activities
- Performs related duties or special projects as assigned.
Duties of the position require experience and knowledge in:
- Understanding of domains, group policies and MS Active Directory.
- Basic networking understanding of IP routing and function.
- IT electronic hardware diagnosis and repair.
- Installation, configuration and repair/support of Microsoft and Apple systems.
- Use and support of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Collaboration and Email applications.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and working relationship with supervisor, department personnel, college staff, students, and the community.
- Provide excellent customer service; listen attentively, respond courteously, explore resolutions to user needs, demonstrate empathy and patience in interactions.
- Clearly communicate, both orally and in writing with native and non-native English speakers. This includes the ability to read, interpret, and explain departmental and campus policies.
Required physical abilities
Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; work within crawl spaces and overheads; use phones, computers; keyboard for extended periods of time.
Must be able to travel to provide IT support to facilities located off the main campus.
Required education or certificates
Three months of information technology related experience such as installing workstations, providing technical support for software, or installing and maintaining hardware, network infrastructure equipment, or telecommunications software or hardware.
Job specific industry standard certifications A+ or Network +
Associates Degree in related studies
Required work schedule and work environment:
Normal work schedule, Monday – Friday.
- Annual full time, classified position.
- Salary: $2,718 per month.
- This position is in a union bargaining unit. As a condition of employment you must, within 30 days after appointment, become a member of the Washington State Federation of State Employees, or pay non-associate fees. Non-payment of such fee is grounds for dismissal.
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $913 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission
- college employment application,
- resume, and
- cover letter
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Application forms submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.