Position Description / Details
Peninsula College is accepting applications for a part-time instructor to teach Statistics and other developmental and first-year math courses starting Summer Quarter 2018; July 9th– August 23rd. We invite inquiries from interested and qualified applicants.
- Teach Introductory Mathematics and Statistics courses in a face-to-face class as well as online.
- Be available to assist students.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential. This includes the ability to speak clearly and fully comprehend written and spoken English and to communicate clearly with native and non-native English speakers.
- Successful experience working with young adults, as well as non-traditional students.
- Previous classroom and on-line teaching experience preferred.
Required physical abilities:
- Work will typically be performed in a classroom setting and may require standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Salary will be based on part-time faculty salary schedule.
- Typical salary for a 5 credit class is $3,810.00 per quarter
- Summer quarter schedule; July 9th – August 23rd
To be considered for part-time faculty positions, applicants must include the following items in their application package:
1. a Peninsula College employment application,
2. letter of interest stating areas of expertise and qualifications, and
3. resume including references.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.