Position Description / Details
Peninsula College is seeking an, energetic, innovative, collaborative and dynamic professional for the position of Student Recruitment Coordinator. The candidate best suited for this position will be able to demonstrate enthusiasm for meeting new people and will possesses the ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with a diverse population of prospective students, their families, community partners, and others involved with a student’s college admissions process. The successful candidate will manage the recruitment budget, supervise student ambassadors, and plan, implement, and assess the student recruitment program functions. The successful candidate will serve as the chief student recruiter for the college and will report to the Associate Dean for Enrollment Services.
Located in the northwest corner of the United States, Peninsula College is nestled in the foothills of the Olympic Mountains. The main campus in Port Angeles, Washington, overlooks the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the nearby city of Victoria, British Columbia, and has easy access to the Pacific Ocean, Olympic National Park, and Seattle. It is arguably the most beautiful community college setting in the United States. The region is also home to six Native American tribal reservations, which are dispersed across the North Olympic Peninsula.
As a public comprehensive community college with baccalaureate-granting authority, Peninsula College is highly regarded by businesses, schools, and community partners for its culture of innovation, high academic standards, and strategic vision. The College is part of the 34-college Washington State Community and Technical College System and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
The College serves more than 4670 students (1400 FTE) through its main campus and Port Townsend and Forks campuses, its correctional facilities, community education, and its online course offerings. The College community is vibrant, engaged, and known for its commitment to serving the diverse needs of the local communities across its 3,600 square mile service district.
The College culture is defined by its Guiding Principles and its shared governance model, which values respect, open and honest communication, integrity and collaboration. The College is a leader in the Guided Pathways work in Washington State, and is deeply engaged in creating institutional change to support this vision. The College is highly regarded as a warm and welcoming place. Click here for a video about Peninsula College.
- Develop and implement recruitment activities for targeted student populations. Actively work with all college constituents to generate new student enrollment growth.
- Communicate consistently with prospective students throughout the recruitment process from first contact to enrollment. This will include campus visits, extensive correspondence and communication via customer relationship management (CRM) software using multiple channels including phone, e-mail, direct mail and social media.
- Connect prospective students with campus departments critical to enrollment.
- Train and supervise student ambassadors and coordinate their efforts to engage, qualify, and host prospective students on campus.
- Manage the prospective student database/CRM tool (Jazz) and implement procedures to improve tracking and servicing of prospective students.
- Prepare recruitment tracking reports.
- Collaborate on comprehensive communications strategies with the marketing team and assist with the development of marketing and communications publications.
- Participate in campus-wide Strategic Enrollment Management planning.
- Manage recruitment budget.
- Coordinate on and off-campus recruitment events. Represent Peninsula College in the most positive manner at college fairs and recruitment events.
- Develop relationships with high schools and other community partners to reach targeted groups.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, parents, and community partners.
- Experience in higher education recruitment, customer service, sales, public relations, or marketing.
- Experience with designing and implementing social media and integrating marketing campaigns using CRM tools.
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to be self-directed, work independently and as part of team, adapt to change, and respond professionally to difficult or stressful situations.
- Experience working in collaboration as a team member with staff, faculty and administration.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural, oral presentation and written communication skills. This includes the ability to read, interpret, and explain complex departmental and campus policies and programs to diverse populations.
- A commitment to and appreciation for diversity and multi-cultural values and the ability to thrive and work effectively with people of all abilities, races, religions, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities in achieving organizational goals and mission.
- Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality, ethics, integrity, and professionalism.
- The ability to actively foster a campus climate that is welcoming and supportive of the mission and guiding principles of Peninsula College.
- Work is typically performed in an office environment and requires standing and/or sitting and using computers for extended periods of time.
Position also requires the ability to:
- Work occasional weekends and evenings;
- travel to in-district, out-of-district, and out-of-state recruitment events;
- set up recruitment fairs and specials events on and off campus.
- Full-time exempt position.
- Starting salary: $50,000
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance; paid vacation and sick leave; retirement plan options; optional credit union and tax deferred annuity programs. Peninsula College contributes $916.00 per month towards the cost of the Washington State employee insurance programs. The college also supports professional development.
- Peninsula College is a qualified employer for the PSLF program. If you work for the College full time, have had Direct Loans and are on an eligible repayment plan, you are eligible to apply.
- Full-time employees are eligible to apply and participate in the Peninsula College Employee Tuition Program.
- In compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act, proof of authorization to work in the United States will be required at the time of hire.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
A complete application file will include:
- a college employment application,
- a letter of application addressing specific qualifications of this position,
- a current resume,
- unofficial transcript, and
- three current professional references qualified to assess your experience and ability to perform the duties specified. Please include references’ email addresses and telephone numbers.
Link to: Online Application
Please upload the additional application documents on the last page of your application form prior to submission.
Application materials may be submitted by mail or email to:
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Phone: (360) 417-6298
Applications submitted electronically will be accepted without signatures.
Peninsula College is an equal opportunity employer.