You are hereHome › Financial › Additional Financial Resources › Basic Food Employment and Training Program (BFET)
Basic Food Employment and Training Program (BFET)
The BFET program is designed to help and support students receiving Basic Food (commonly known as food stamps) as they prepare for college and complete education and training programs in high wage and high demand fields.
You may be eligible if:
- You are enrolled in a Professional/Technical program or are in GED, ABE, or ESL classes
- You are receiving or are income-eligible for Basic Food through DSHS
- You have been denied Basic Food previously due to being a student
Don’t know if you are eligible for food? Click here https://www.washingtonconnection.org/prescreening/home.go?action=Introdu...) to check your eligibility and apply online! Need help applying? Please come see the BFET staff – we’re here to help!
BFET Program benefits may include:
- Establishing or maintaining eligibility for Basic Food while in school
- Eligibility for Working Connections Childcare
- Financial assistance with tuition and college-related expenses
- Referral to community resources
What is the next step?
We can help you get the information you need and help you with the application process!
Contact Angie Huckstep at (360) 417-6505, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Student Financial Aid Portal
- Conditions of Award
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Student Loans
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Additional Financial Resources