5/25/2017 - The Finish Line Fund has been depleted and is no longer accepting applications for the 2016-17 school year. A big thank you to our Finish Line Fund donors, so many students were helped this year!
Peninsula College supports its students as they near the finish line—GRADUATION!
The Finish Line Fund (FLF) provides financial assistance to PC students who are within 15 credits of completing their certificate or degree and are experiencing financial hardship as a result of out-of-the-ordinary, unexpected or sudden circumstances.
Many types of expenses could be paid with the Finish Line Fund:
- If a student has an unexpected loss of income and can’t pay expenses— the Finish Line Fund can help!
- If a student had to use their own money to pay unexpected bills and now can’t pay personal or Educational expenses— the Finish Line Fund can help!
Sample expenses that could be paid with the Finish Line Fund:
- Unpaid rent/mortgage or utilities as a result of unexpected income loss.
- Automobile expenses resulting from an accident or unforeseen breakdown.
Students may be awarded a grant from the Finish Line Fund once during their time at Peninsula College.* Peninsula College will release funds to the company or individual to whom the student needs to make a payment. The fund is a limited resource and students are not guaranteed an award.
To be eligible to receive Finish Line Funds, students must:
- Be currently enrolled at Peninsula College.
- Be within 15 credits of completing a certificate or degree at Peninsula College.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0** and a 50% course completion rate.
- Be registered for at least 6 credits during the quarter in which the funds would be used. Students may be enrolled in less than 6 credits if fewer are required for completion of certificate or degree.
- Provide documentation of the emergency.
- Provide documentation of how the funds will be used, if awarded. For example, if a student needs funds to repair his/her car, the student would need to provide the bill or estimate from the mechanic.
- Complete and submit an application packet. An application packet must include documents that support an emergency and help to justify the requested amount.
- Schedule a meeting with Cathy Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the application.
- Student will be notified after the meeting regarding the status of their grant application
Conditions of award
- Students are encouraged to compose a thank you note to the donor who funds this grant.
- Funds are limited and subject to availability.
* In very exceptional circumstances, a student can petition to receive an emergency fund grant more than once while at Peninsula College.
** If there are extenuating circumstances, an application will be considered even if a student has a GPA below 2.0.