Upon completion of your financial aid (FAFSA) file, students are reviewed each fall (on a first-come first-serve basis) for Opportunity Grant eligibility.
To prepare for the next review process, start by completing the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA). Click here for the financial aid application steps and deadlines.
Note: The FAFSA becomes available each year online starting January 1st.
The Opportunity Grant Overview:
The Opportunity Grant program assists low-income Washington state residents who have not yet earned a degree (Associate or higher). The Opportunity Grant program at Peninsula College can provide funding for tuition/fees and books/supplies for eligible adults for up to 45 credits in the following programs:
- Addiction Studies*
- Administrative Office Systems Accounting Option*
- Automotive Technology*
- Composite Structures*
- Criminal Justice
- Early Childhood*
- Green Construction*
- Information Technology
- Medical Assistant*
- Welding Technology*
- 18 years or older
- Income eligible based on financial need
- Have earned less than an Associates Degree
- Completion of the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) that shows financial need
- Willing to enroll in 1 credit quarterly OG support class
- Washington State Resident
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Manager, Student Development
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Student Financial Aid Portal
- Conditions of Award
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Student Loans
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Additional Financial Resources
- How to Videos
- Net Price Calculator