GED ® 2014
General Educational Development (GED®)
The General Educational Development (GED) Testing program is designed for adults 19 years of age or older who have not graduated from high school.
Individuals between the ages of 16 and 18 may test with the permission of a high school official or after the completion of an approved home schooling program. High school diploma holders are not eligible for GED Testing.
- A new GED test series began on January 1, 2014. (Note: All GED tests taken but not completed before 2014 will no longer be valid)
- The GED test is offered throughout the entire year.
- Special testing arrangements for students with disabilities are available. When you fill out your registration to test, be sure to check the last question. Pearson Vue will then contact you via email.
- GED testing is offered in the Student Services (clock tower) building, second floor, on the Port Angeles campus.
GED® Computer Based Testing (CBT) Process
- The fee for the entire GED test is $120.00 ($30.00 per subject test). Exam subjects are: Reasoning Through Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, Science and Social Studies.
- GED candidates can pay for exams with a credit or debit card during the registration process. Third parties (agencies, family members, etc.) can use a personal credit card to purchase vouchers from the Pearson Vue Voucher Store.
- Registration is required a minimum of 24 hours prior to testing time. Please note that seats in the testing center are limited so early registration is strongly recommended. Cancellations must be made with Pearson Vue 24 hours in advance, or students will not be reimbursed for a missed test. You can contact Pearson Vue via telephone at 1-877-392-6433.
- All GED students need to have an active email account in order to complete registrations. Free email accounts can be made at Gmail.com or Hotmail.com.
- To Register: Please visit www.ged.com. Examinees should create an account and record your user name and password as you will need it to access your account to view your scores. This account allows you to schedule tests, cancel scheduled tests, make payments and receive test results.
- Current state or federally issued photo identification (Washington driver's license or ID card or passport) is required at the time of testing.
- Students will be able to register for multiple tests in accordance with Peninsula College testing center hours.
- To access a GED practice test, go to GED Practice.
- If you would like assistance preparing for the GED, please contact the Adult Basic Skills Center at Peninsula College at (360) 417-6380.
- Habla Espanol? Instructions, practice, and official tests are available in Spanish.
Computer Based Testing Dates
We are currently offering GED testing on Wednesdays.
Need to have an Official Transcript sent to an Employer or a College or University? We are no longer able to generate score reports and/or transcripts from our office.
Adult High School Diploma
Adults (19 years and older) who did not complete high school may obtain a high school diploma through Peninsula College. This high school diploma meets the graduation requirements of the State of Washington and is issued through Peninsula College. Classes taken to satisfy high school requirements may also be applied to a college degree.
An individual (21 years or older) who completes an associate degree (AA, AS, AAS, or AAS-T) may now request a state high school diploma from the college upon written request.
Testing Center Hours:
9:00am – 2:00pm
9:00am – 4:00pm
Accommodations are available for each test we proctor, but processes vary according to each specific test. Please check with the Testing Center staff for further information.