Student Ambassador Program Application Packet
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Student Ambassador. Student Ambassadors serve as the first point of contact to students each year. The goal of the Student Ambassadors is to educate prospective students, families, school groups and the general public on the programs, resources and student life at Peninsula College.
NOTE: Applications to become an Ambassador are accepted year round, please look for announcements regarding openings on our main page and the Ambassador page.
- Between 5-10 office hours per week on average but no more than 19 and some weekends and evenings.
- Weekly staff meetings.
- Various hours representing Peninsula College at recruiting events.
Salary: $12.41 per hour
- Current full-time student in good academic standing (minimum 2.8 GPA)
- Position has a one-year commitment (Fall 2017-Spring 2018)
- Age 18 or older
- Flexible Availability
Student Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment Office, D105
(360) 417-6471 or email@example.com
- Utilize Customer Relations Management software (Jazz) and the Student Management System (SMS) to track and follow-up with prospective student information requests, engage with prospective students, and follow up details for tours and Ambassador requests.
- Correspond with current and prospective students regarding visitation opportunities and arrange on-campus visit itineraries.
- Conduct guided campus tours, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Receive and track prospective students using various forms of communication.
- Regularly monitor, utilize and update Discover Peninsula College Instagram page.
- Assist in student recruitment efforts.
- Assist with ordering and inventorying promotional materials.
- Assist with events organized by various Peninsula College departments.
- Attend weekly ambassador meetings.
- Participate in local high school outreach and recruitment events.
- Work college booths at college fairs.
- Assist with a variety of office-related tasks.
- All other duties as assigned by the Recruitment Coordinator
- Current full-time student in good academic standing (minimum 2.8 GPA).
- Age 18 or older.
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, reliability, discipline and self-confidence.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively and positively represent Peninsula College.
- Commitment to promoting diversity.
- Well-rounded academic and co-curricular experiences.
- Flexible availability (particularly during summer and quarter breaks).
- Must be able to effectively lead campus tours; including leading consecutive tours and during all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products: Word/Excel preferred.
Note: Due to the high expectations and time commitment of students employed with the student Ambassadors and Associate Student Council (ASC) members of Peninsula College, employment is limited to one of the two programs.
Complete the following Application Packet form below:
- A short essay explaining your interest in the student Ambassador position. Include what you hope to gain from the program and what you can contribute to the program.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons who know your work (i.e., a supervisor or instructor). Submit electronically to Sara Rinearson, firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at D105.
- Completed application form.