On February 26th, 2014, Governor Inslee signed the Dream Act, known in Washington State as the Real Hope Act into law. This law allows undocumented non-citizens, who are unable to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to his/her immigration status, to apply for State Financial Aid through the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) application.
Students should apply online for State Aid at: www.readysetgrad.org/WASFA.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Must have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college)
- Must have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning a high school diploma or equivalent
- Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply*
- Must meet Washington State Need Grant Program requirements
*Students granted deferred action for childhood arrival (DACA) must also complete and sign the affidavit. To ensure you are applying on time, and you are meeting all eligibility requirements, please visit the ReadySetGrad website regularly.
Once you have completed your WASFA application for State Financial Aid, DREAMer students will also need to submit a Peninsula Financial Aid Data Sheet. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for a copy of the Data Sheet. You may email email@example.com or call (360) 417-6390. Data Sheets can be turned in to the Financial Aid Office by mail, by hand, or faxed to (360) 417-6395.
Once you have completed your WASFA application and submitted your Financial Aid Data Sheet to the Financial Aid Office, log into our Financial Aid Portal to check your file status and, once awarded, view your awards.
Once we have received your WASFA, we will contact you via email if we require further documentation. This could include, but is not limited to, proof of high school/GED completion, affidavit form, etc. Any additional information will be listed on your Financial Aid Portal. Please be sure to check your Portal regularly for ALL updates (you will not have access to the Portal until we have received your WASFA). A welcome email with instructions on how to access your Portal will be emailed to you upon submission of your WASFA.
- Student Financial Aid Portal - To login, you will use your Student Identification Number (SID) as your username and your six-digit date of birth (ddmmyy) as your password.
The Financial Aid staff is dedicated to processing files timely. If you complete your financial aid file by the deadline, you will be notified before the quarter starts. Files are processed in date order by your file completion date, which can be viewed in the Portal.
If you have any questions about your WASFA application, please contact Financial Aid at (360) 417-6390 or the Washington Student Achievement Council at (360) 753-7800.