Gain quality communication, critical thinking, creative and performance skills in our Arts and Communications area of study that will prepare you for any profession, or for transfer to a four-year university for degrees in fields like journalism, teaching, theater, communications, fine arts and performing.
By earning a degree or certificate in the area of Arts & Communications you'll be on your way to any of the following career opportunities listed below:
Degrees and certificates you can earn
- Associate Degree (Arts and Communication focus)
- Associates Degree Honors
- Associate Degrees Honors and Associate in Arts - Bridge to Native Pathways
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Management
- Multimedia Communication Degrees and Certificates
Arts & Communications Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze how multicultural audiences shape written, oral, visual, and performative communication and its meaning.
- Generate effective written and oral communication for a variety of purposes and diverse audiences.
- Generate effective visual or performative communication.
- Identify research goals and retrieve information.
- Synthesize, apply, and properly cite information to meet an identified purpose.
- Evaluate the credibility of information and information sources, and distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret and analyze meaning from written, visual, oral, aural, and performative works.
- Demonstrate an ability to appreciate individual and community perspectives and values.
- Understand, analyze, and appreciate social justice issues and movements from a variety of perspectives.
- Consider ideas that conflict with individual value systems.
- Function under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.