Join a dynamic and creative community of artists, designers, performers, and communicators in our Arts and Communications area of study.
By earning a degree or certificate in the area of Arts & Communications you'll be on your way to any of the following career opportunities listed below:
Programs, Degrees and Certificates
- Bridge to Native Pathways, AA
- Film Pathway, AA
- Honors Arts & Communications Pathways, AA
- Literature Pathway, AA
- Multimedia Communications-Graphics, AAS
- Music Ensemble & Performance Pathway, AA
- Philosophy Pathway, AA
- Studio Art Pathway, AA
- World Languages Pathway, AA
Arts & Communications Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze how multicultural audiences shape written, oral, visual, and performative communication and its meaning.
- Generate effective written and oral communication for a variety of purposes and diverse audiences.
- Generate effective visual or performative communication.
- Identify research goals and retrieve information.
- Synthesize, apply, and properly cite information to meet an identified purpose.
- Evaluate the credibility of information and information sources, and distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Demonstrate an ability to interpret and analyze meaning from written, visual, oral, aural, and performative works.
- Demonstrate an ability to appreciate individual and community perspectives and values.
- Understand, analyze, and appreciate social justice issues and movements from a variety of perspectives.
- Consider ideas that conflict with individual value systems.
- Function under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.