Our program is designed to meet the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards and has been awarded NATEF certification. Curriculum combines theory and hands-on experiences with the development of interpersonal skills, and an emphasis on the use of sophisticated equipment. Our program also includes a number of stand-alone courses, making it possible to enter the first year of the program during any quarter. Individual courses may be taken on a space-available basis.
In Our Program, Students Will Learn to:
- Recognize unsafe situations that may occur in an automotive repair shop; identify the safety precautions that should be taken; relate the proper application of safety procedures; demonstrate safe operation of available equipment.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate hand tools and a broad understanding of basic test equipment.
- Apply a systematic approach; communicate effectively with owner/operators; project proper company image; demonstrate integrity/sound judgment; exhibit positive attitude/self-esteem; exhibit initiative (self-starter); demonstrate good housekeeping, planning, and organizational skills; show attention to details.
- Perform necessary technical adjustments; verify actual symptoms; demonstrate knowledge of subassembly and components; use appropriate manuals and diagnostic tools; evaluate cost of corrective actions; demonstrate ability to interpret results, apply math to solve technical problems, and use specialized equipment.
- Demonstrate manual dexterity, resourcefulness, creativity, and mechanical skills; use sensory perceptions and logical approach to problem-solving/trouble-shooting.
- Interpret and understand manuals, drawings, specifications, and procedures; demonstrate proper reading and application of technical literature; use correct terminology; complete industry ASE testing.
- Addiction Studies
- Administrative Office Systems
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Commercial Driver's License
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity & Computer Forensics
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Food Service Management
- Green Building
- Homeland Security | Emergency Management
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Multimedia Communications
- Nursing Assistant Certificate