Our program is designed to meet the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) standards and has been awarded NATEF certification. Curriculum combines theory and hands-on experiences with the development of interpersonal skills, and an emphasis on the use of sophisticated equipment. Our program also includes a number of stand-alone courses, making it possible to enter the first year of the program during any quarter. Individual courses may be taken on a space-available basis.
- Recognize unsafe situations that may occur in an automotive repair shop; identify the safety precautions that should be taken; relate the proper application of safety procedures; demonstrate safe operation of available equipment.
- Demonstrate use of appropriate hand tools and a broad understanding of basic test equipment.
- Apply a systematic approach; communicate effectively with owner/operators; project proper company image; demonstrate integrity/sound judgment; exhibit positive attitude/self-esteem; exhibit initiative (self-starter); demonstrate good housekeeping, planning, and organizational skills; show attention to details.
- Perform necessary technical adjustments; verify actual symptoms; demonstrate knowledge of subassembly and components; use appropriate manuals and diagnostic tools; evaluate cost of corrective actions; demonstrate ability to interpret results, apply math to solve technical problems, and use specialized equipment.
- Demonstrate manual dexterity, resourcefulness, creativity, and mechanical skills; use sensory perceptions and logical approach to problem-solving/trouble-shooting.
- Interpret and understand manuals, drawings, specifications, and procedures; demonstrate proper reading and application of technical literature; use correct terminology; complete industry ASE testing.
Gainful Employment (GE) is a federal reporting and disclosure requirement for programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. This information is provided in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Programs Disclosure regulations. Information will be regularly updated as new data becomes available.
- Short Term Automotive Automatic Transmissions and Transaxles Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Electrical-Electronics Systems Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Manual Drivetrains and Axles Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Brake Systems Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Engine Performance Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Engine Repair Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Automotive Suspension and Steering Certificate.pdf