Forks / West End
The Forks extension site of Peninsula College is located in the heart of the Olympic Peninsula in downtown Forks, Washington. The site offers academic, professional and technical, basic skills, ESL, and continuing education courses. Interactive television (ITV) equipment allows select classes to be both broadcast and received among the Forks Extension Site and the main campus. A learning center is staffed to support students taking both on-line and face-to-face classes through tutoring, testing, or assessment.
Forks Student Services
On-site classes and services include:
- Local learning opportunities for students who reside in west Clallam County.
- A variety of academic, continuing education, and community service courses.
- Select professional development seminars intended for local business and professional people.
- On-site testing and advising.
- A learning center and tutoring.
- A fully equipped computer lab equipped with computer applications for students.
- Distance learning courses coordinated through the main campus.
Forks Student Services Hours: Mon-Thurs 10:00am-6:00pm.
If you need immediate assistance during non-business hours, please contact the main campus
toll free at 1-877-452-9277.
Student Advising & Class Registration
Student advising is available in Forks. Call us at (360) 374-3223 to schedule an advising appointment.
Compass placement testing is available in Forks. Call us at (360) 374-3223 to schedule an appointment.
Computer Application Classes
The Forks Extension offers a series of basic computer classes to help students develop new skills. Learn how to navigate through Microsoft Windows and use office applications such as spreadsheets, databases and word processing. Computer application classes are taught in a lab format using Office 2010 software. Call (360) 374-3223 for further information.
Basic Skills and GED Prep Instruction
Basic Skills and GED Prep Class features:
- Open enrollment so students may join the class anytime during the quarter
- We offer on-site GED testing quarterly.
- Small and large group instruction in reading, writing, mathematics
- Learn basic computer skills to prepare for your General Education Development (GED) exam or to help you transition to college level classes.
- Scholarships are available to help pay class tuition.
- We offer both on campus and online GED studies.
Basic Skills & GED Classes
Monday through Thursday: 8:15 – 11:45am
BASED 54/ Basic Math Classes
Monday through Thursday: 10:45-11:45am
Contact Jennifer Roberts at 374-9281 for more information about Basic Skills and GED Prep instruction.
English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
- Classes are free.
- Classes are open to persons for whom English is a non-native language.
- Classes include practice in reading, writing, speaking, listening, pronunciation, and interaction skills.
Tuesday: 12:30 to 4:00pm and 5:00-8:30pm
Learning Center and Tutoring
You don’t have to study alone at home, we offer free tutoring!
Our learning center offers:
- Math Assistance
- Writing Assistance
- Instructional Support for Online Classes
- Peer Tutoring
- Study Groups
If you are struggling with any subject, we can help. Learning center tutors are available at no cost to you, please call for more information. Computer Application Classes by Arrangement.
Learning Center & Tutoring Hours: Mon - Thurs 11:00am - 8:00pm
P.O. Box 330
Forks, WA 98331
71 South Forks Avenue
(57 miles west of Port Angeles, WA on highway 101)
Office Hours, September through June
Forks Student Services
Mon-Thurs 11:00am - 8:00pm