Helping you finish college faster, and be on your way to the career you want, is our top priority at Peninsula College. With these goals in mind, we are proud to announce the fall opening of our food pantry, Veterans Center, and Career & Transfer Center at our Port Angeles Campus.
Get the guidance and support you need for a successful PC experience with these new services.
PC is partnering with the Port Angles Food Bank to provide an on-campus food pantry for students who do not have enough to eat.
A 2019 survey of PC students revealed that 42% did not eat when they were hungry because there was not enough money for food, 57% said that “often or sometimes” when the food they bought didn’t last, they did not have money to buy more, and 59% said they “often or sometimes” could not afford to eat balanced meals.
All currently enrolled students will be able to use this resource that will be run by members of the PC Associated Student Council, Student Services staff, faculty and volunteers across campus.
An official grand opening, and more details about hours and location, will be revealed this fall on social media and the college website.
Career & Transfer Center
Achieve your career, transfer, and employment goals with help from our new Career & Transfer Center, located in the Student Services atrium across from Pirate Central. Interested in exploring careers and not sure where to start? Stop by and let us introduce you to resources to help you identify aptitudes, interest, and strengths, investigate job options and incomes, and get on the right academic path. Connect to local job market data to identify degree and certificate programs that lead to viable careers. You can also get support through workshops and seminars on job readiness skills of services that prepare you for successful transfer to a four-year college or university.
Services are available to you from application to graduation, and at any point along the way.
Located in the Pirate Union Building, our new Veterans Center is close to the heart of student activities. Here PC’s veteran students will find a welcoming community and a quiet study space, along with monthly workshops on topics like financial aid management, study strategies for students with traumatic brain injury and/or PTSD, career advising and more.
Get the social and academic support you need, when you need it.
These improvements are made possible through the Peninsula College PACE Project. The total cost of the Peninsula College PACE Project is $2,762,938, with the US Department of Education funding 81% of total costs ($2,227,618), and Peninsula College contributing the remaining 19% ($535,320) of project costs. A total of $425,000 of the Title III grant ($85,000 per year for five years) represents “challenge” funds—a capacity building provision that requires fundraising of an equal amount. The combined matching and grant funds will be placed in a lasting endowment to support student success programs. The Peninsula College Foundation has committed to raising the matching $425,000 on behalf of Peninsula College, and hopes to surpass the total endowment goal of $850,000. The Foundation has established an endowment with funds raised to date, and is seeking additional contributions as the match effort continues. Any funds left unmatched will be lost, so please consider making a contribution today by contacting the Foundation office or by giving online to the ForPC, Forward Endowment at: https://pencol.edu/foundation/give/online.