Check My Grades
Login using your Student Identification Number (SID) and Global PIN which is your date of birth (mm/dd/yy). Click here to check your unofficial transcripts.
Academic Progress & Performance
Peninsula College is committed to facilitating the academic success of students. The primary purpose of the Academic Progress and Performance Policy is to quickly identify and alert students with low academic achievement and to provide those students with assistance to improve their academic performance.
Students must earn a GPA of 2.0 or above. If not, the college will place the student progressively on alert, probation, or suspension.
- A student whose cumulative grade point average falls below 2.0 or above will be placed on academic alert.
- A student on academic alert who fails to earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 at the end of the subsequent quarter of enrollment will be placed on academic probation.
- A student on academic probation who fails to earn a quarterly grade point average of at least 2.0 in the next quarter of enrollment will be placed on academic suspension. A suspended student may petition for readmission to the college after waiting a period of 12 months.
Students placed on Academic Suspension may exercise the right to appeal for Immediate Academic Reinstatement.
Certain vocational programs, international students, veterans, and students receiving financial aid may have different and/or additional academic standard requirements and appeal processes.
All students who are on academic probation, conditional probation, and those returning from suspension will be asked to do the following:
- Students will meet with the Student Success Coach within the first three weeks of the quarter to develop strategies that will help ensure a successful quarter. During this meeting students and the success coach will discuss the student’s academic goals, work and family commitments and any other concerns the student has as well as review Peninsula College’s grade policy. Students can also request additional support such as tutoring at this time.
- Students will attend five hours of Student Success activities over the course of the academic quarter. Activities include but are not limited to; attending Peninsula College workshops, studying in the library, studying in the Math lab, and visiting the Writing lab.
- Students are required to meet with the Student Success Coach in order to register for the following quarter. Students are required to have a signed registration form and submit that form to Pirate Central on or after their registration date. A signed registration form is only available through the Student Success Coach and will be given after the student and coach meet to discuss the student’s progress throughout the quarter and their future academic plans. Online registration is blocked to all probation and conditional probation students.
- Students will be required to complete an Evaluation of Progress Report in order to register for the following quarter
Plagiarism and/or cheating are not tolerated by Peninsula College. An individual who cheats or plagiarizes the works of others is at risk of receiving a failing grade for the course in which such action takes place.
Academic Concerns/Grade Complaints & Grievances
For class-related concerns or complaints, always start with your instructor. If your concern cannot be satisfactorily resolved with your instructor, you should follow the steps in this policy to ensure that your concern receives the appropriate attention.
Grade Appeal Process
If a student disagrees with a grade received in any course, within the following quarter she/he can pursue the issue per this policy.
Student Initiated Grading Forms
Petition to Disregard Grades
Returning students who have not been enrolled for two or more years at PC may petition to have previously earned PC grades of less than 1.4 disregarded in computing a grade point average.
Repeat Grade Change Request
A course may be repeated two times. The original grade will remain on the transcript; however, the higher of the three grades received will be used in computing grade point averages.
President’s List, Honor Roll, & President’s Medalists
An individual who is enrolled in and completes at least 12 quarter hours of credit in courses numbered 100 or above for which grade points are assigned, receives no incomplete grades, and earns a quarterly grade point average of not less than 3.90, will be named to the President’s List.
An individual who meets the criteria listed above, but who earns a quarterly grade point average for the quarter of not less than 3.6 will be named to the Honor Roll.
At graduation, an individual who completes a degree having earned 45 college-level credits at Peninsula College, with a cumulative grade point average of 3.85 or higher, will be awarded the President’s Medal for Scholarly Excellence. Click here to view the President's List, Honor Roll & President's Medalists.
- Getting Started
- Academic Calendar
- Course Catalog
- Forms and Documents
- Testing Center
- Tuition and Fees 2016-2017
- Tuition and Fees Summary 2015-2016
- Other Academic Resources