This program prepares students for the wide-ranging field of composite structure fabrication and repair. Through classroom work and hands-on training, PC’s Composites Technology program equips students with skills necessary for employment in the aerospace, marine, and recreational equipment industries, as well as many others that use composite materials.
Students are exposed to these fields by building composite parts through hand lay-up, vacuum infusion, and oven curing processes. Students also learn applicable CNC machining and non-destructive testing skills.
PC at Composite Recycling Technology Center (CRTC)
The new clean energy technology center houses both Peninsula College’s Advanced Manufacturing – Composites Technology program and the Composite Recycling Technology Center (CRTC). The co-location allows students the opportunity to participate in a real-world manufacturing environment ranging from research and design to production and product testing. This partnership also aligns with our new Composite Materials Recycling Certification, which emphasizes current technologies used in the repurposing of composites waste materials, composites lifecycle analysis, and remanufacturing techniques. This new endeavor will bring jobs and economic development to the region by transforming uncured carbon fiber composite scraps previously bound for landfills into new products. For more information, click here.
- Understand composites terminology and composite material properties
- Handle composite materials safely
- Operate tools and equipment safely
- Fabricate various types of composite structures
- Repair various types of composite structures
Gainful Employment (GE) is a federal reporting and disclosure requirement for programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. This information is provided in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Programs Disclosure regulations. Information will be regularly updated as new data becomes available.
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology AAS.pdf
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology AAS-T.pdf
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology Advanced Materials Certificate.pdf
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composite Structures Certificate.pdf