Computer Applications Technology
Computers are now an integral part of our business, educational, and personal lives. We need to access vast amounts of information and manage, utilize, analyze, and disseminate this information in a timely manner, which is one key to success in virtually every profession.
In Our Program, Students Will Learn to:
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, and visual methods.
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve a defined goal.
- Demonstrate use of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the Windows Operating System.
- Distinguish between hardware and software; determine the type of software necessary to complete an objective; understand the functions of an operating system.
- Access information from a hard or removable drive; locate information in subdirectories.
- Access a variety of Windows ribbons and icons
- Use spreadsheet software to solve mathematical/ quantitative problems.
- Format and edit documents using word processing software. Manage, organize, and store related sets of information using database software.
- Create and modify slide show presentations
- Perform file management and use the web.
- Solve problems using the appropriate software; apply systematic approaches and logic to solving problems; troubleshoot problems; collect and apply data to solve problems.
- Communicate findings in the form of printed documents, create and interpret graphs and charts using appropriate software, and synthesize and apply information to meet an identified need.
- Ask questions and give answers using discipline-specific vocabulary.
- Translate math symbols into words and words into math symbols.
- Utilize electronic technology, including accessing information from various sources.
- Addiction Studies
- Administrative Office Systems
- Automotive Technology
- Business Administration
- Commercial Driver's License
- Advanced Manufacturing - Composites Technology
- Computer Applications Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Cybersecurity & Computer Forensics
- Early Childhood Education
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Food Service Management
- Green Building
- Homeland Security | Emergency Management
- Information Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Multimedia Communications
- Nursing Assistant Certificate