Computers are now an integral part of our business, educational, and personal lives. We need to access vast amounts of information and manage, utilize, analyze, and disseminate this information in a timely manner, which is one key to success in virtually every profession.
- Short Term CAT Computer Application Fundamentals Certificate.pdf
- Short Term CAT Computer Applications I Certificate.pdf
- Short-Term- CAT-Help-Desk-Support-Specialist-Certificate.pdf
- Short-Term- CAT-Excel-Proficiency-Certificate.pdf
- Communicate effectively through written, verbal, and visual methods.
- Work collaboratively and independently to achieve a defined goal.
- Demonstrate use of Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the Windows Operating System.
- Distinguish between hardware and software; determine the type of software necessary to complete an objective; understand the functions of an operating system.
- Access information from a hard or removable drive; locate information in subdirectories.
- Access a variety of Windows ribbons and icons
- Use spreadsheet software to solve mathematical/ quantitative problems.
- Format and edit documents using word processing software. Manage, organize, and store related sets of information using database software.
- Create and modify slide show presentations
- Perform file management and use the web.
- Solve problems using the appropriate software; apply systematic approaches and logic to solving problems; troubleshoot problems; collect and apply data to solve problems.
- Communicate findings in the form of printed documents, create and interpret graphs and charts using appropriate software, and synthesize and apply information to meet an identified need.
- Ask questions and give answers using discipline-specific vocabulary.
- Translate math symbols into words and words into math symbols.
- Utilize electronic technology, including accessing information from various sources.