The need for skilled welders is continually growing. As a professional welder, some of the job opportunities you might consider include those as trade welders and fabricators, as well as positions in engineering, plant maintenance, inspection, sales and service, and supervision.
Peninsula College’s one-year, competency-based certificate program provides training for entry-level jobs and gives you the related knowledge necessary for advancement in the metals industry. We also offer a two-year AAS degree. Our curriculum emphasizes workplace safety, welding terminology, welding, cutting techniques, basic blueprint reading, metallurgical properties, and joint design. Instruction centers on classroom study and preparation for AWS certification.
New Summer 2017 Aluminum Welding Class
Peninsula College will offer training in aluminum welding beginning July 3, 2017. This intense seven week certificate course will prepare men and women for new maritime jobs at Armstrong Marine and other local businesses clamoring for this skill. Industry recognized AWS certification is built into the training. The eight-credit Aluminum Welding summer quarter class will be held from 8:00PM – 12:45PM Monday through Thursday. 16 students can be accommodated. This summer, Peninsula is also offering a general welding three-credit night class meeting Monday and Tuesday from 5:00PM – 9:00PM.
- Weld all types of joints
- Perform oxyacetylene cutting
- Perform shielded metal arc, gas metal arc, and gas tungsten arc welding
- Apply workplace safety guidelines
- Use and apply welding terminology
- Read basic blueprints
- Understand how metals and alloys are used in a variety of applications of all engineering materials
- Perform FCAW (flux-cored arc welding) for marine and construction applications
- Short Term Welding Technology Arc Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Beginning Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Intermediate Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology TIG Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Wire Feed Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Aluminum Welding Technology Certificate.pdf