City U - Albright School of Education
If the idea of a rewarding teaching career appeals to you, then our bachelor's in Elementary Education program is absolutely a great fit. And when you choose CityU, your quality time in the classroom isn't too far away: You can earn your B.A.Ed., teacher certification and single or dual endorsements in about two years. We offer these five program options for B.A.Ed. students:
- Elementary Education (K-8)
- Elementary Education (K-8) and Mathematics
- Elementary Education (K-8) and Special Education
- Elementary Education (K-8) and English Language Learners
- Elementary Education (K-8) and Reading
When you choose a dual endorsement, you'll get specialized training and experience in two disciplines that makes you even more desirable to potential employers. Offered through the PC University Center, students begin the B.A., Education w/ Teacher Certification in the summer. Applicants must have completed 90 transfer credits, prior to admission into the program.
Additional requirements include a cumulative (transfer) GPA of at least 2.0, a minimum of 80 hours of supervised work with children, passing scores on each section of the Washington Educators Skills Test-Basic (WEST-B) and must meet the Washington State law Standards of good moral character and personal fitness (includes fingerprinting and background checks).
- Program is completed in a 2-year track.
- Classes are held on the PC campus 2 evenings, as well as, Saturday mornings.
- Teacher Candidates complete 5 internships and student teaching in local school districts.
- Financial Aid may be available, please contact 1-800-426-5596.
Visit the City University School of Education website for detailed program information.
Christine Romeo, Program Coordinator
Office Phone: (360) 417-6358
Cell Phone: (360) 582-6448