Make a Difference!
Experience Service Learning at Peninsula College!
Service Learning provides Peninsula College students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in their academic area of interest by directly working with nonprofit partners in our community. Service Learning is more than an internship or volunteer work, the experience empowers students to apply classroom learning and meaningful reflection to current social issues, environmental concerns, and community needs.
1. Visit the PC Service Learning website for ongoing service learning opportunities including events, student projects, and community partnerships.
2. Sign up for courses that support service learning concepts and activities such as Service Learning (IS 201), Freshman Seminar (GS 103), and Environmental Science (ENVS 100). For a complete list of courses, click here.
3. Share your service experience. Your stories, photos, and accomplishments in service learning are an important part of the reflection process. We want to hear from you!
Service Learning Opportunities for Students
Peninsula College has the unique opportunity to offer students exceptional service learning experiences that connect students to Elwha River restoration efforts, local tribal nations, and sustainable agriculture opportunities on neighboring farms. Here are a few ways students can complete service learning projects:
- Marine Science Research
- Volunteer Coordination
- Hunger Relief
- Website and Marketing
- Animal Conservation
- Food Access and Farm to School
- Photo Documentation
- Fish and Plant Sampling
- Special Events and Fundraising
- Gleaning for Food Banks
- Environmental Education
- Donor Stewardship
- Grant Writing
- Intercultural Connections
For More Information About Service Learning:
We are looking for students, instructors, and community partners who want to participate in service learning at Peninsula College! Please contact Jennifer Santry at email@example.com or visit the Service Learning website.