The Peninsula College eLearning department supports quality online learning experiences and provides technical assistance for online students and faculty.
- Peninsula College online and hybrid courses are taught in Canvas. For the best Canvas experience we recommend you use Firefox or Chrome browsers.
- You can learn about Canvas in our Canvas Student Quickstart class. No username or password required to access this class. https://pencol.instructure.com/courses/790723
- Additional resources can be found at Canvas student guides: http://guides.instructure.com/s/2204/m/4212/l/41951-how-do-i-log-in-to-canvas
How to sign in to your Canvas Class
Go to https://pencol.instructure.com
Username is your student ID number
Password is the first 6 letters in your last name. If your last name has fewer than 6 letters retype your name until you have typed 6 letters. For example smith should type smiths
Need extra help with Canvas?
We offer drop-in sessions for hands-on technical assistance at the Learning Center room E-143 in Maier Hall at the Port Angeles campus. Computers are available or bring your own.
Drop in support hours are:
- Tues 12:00 noon – 2:00pm
- Wed 12:00 noon – 2:00pm
If you are unable to come to campus and have questions about Canvas email email@example.com
- Is Online Learning For Me? Evaluate your readiness for online courses. If you feel you are not ready for an online class enroll in HUMDV 101 Online Classroom Success.
- New and transfer students should complete the 4 step student admission procedures.
- Register for your classes and go to the Academic Calendar for class start dates.
- Before your Canvas class starts explore Canvas in the Canvas Student Quickstart.
- Make sure you have the minimum computer technical requirements.
- Sign into your online class the first day and read the course syllabus.
Online Student Resources
- Disability Services
- eTutoring for online students
- Learning Centers & Labs
- Library Online Resources
- Online Registration
- Class Schedules
Attention Non-Washington Residents!
If you are interested in enrolling in Peninsula College online classes while continuing to live outside the state of Washington, new US Department of Education regulations for all U.S. colleges may affect Peninsula College’s ability to accept your application at this time. Peninsula may need to seek authorization to serve you.
If you have questions, please call the Student Services office at (360} 417-6340 (or toll-free at 1 (877) 452-9277). You may also e-mail Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns or Complaints?
Click here for concerns or complaints regarding your online class.
- Academic Transfer
- Advising Services
- Bookaneer Bookstore
- Campus Safety / Emergency Management
- Career Development / Jobs
- Child Care
- Counseling Services
- Degree & Enrollment Verification
- DSHS Programs
- Food Services
- Human Resources
- International Student & Faculty Services
- Learning Center / Lab Hours
- Library Services
- Multicultural Services
- Purchasing Services
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Testing Center
- Veterans Services