Get specialized, hands-on training using the latest technologies that meet industry standards, in courses that have been developed with input from local employers in our Skilled Trades programs.
By earning a degree or certificate in the area of Skilled Trades you'll be on your way to any of the following career opportunities listed below:
Programs, Degrees & Certificates
- Advanced Manufacturing, AAS
- Automotive Technology, AAS
- Composites Recycling, Cert
- Construction Technology, AAS
- CNC Machining & Programming, Cert
- Welding Technology, AAS
Skilled Trades Learning Outcomes
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand, power and pneumatic tools and equipment common to the trade.
- Operate and apply workplace safety guidelines and safety equipment and use safe work habits.
- Layout and align parts or work pieces to ensure proper assembly.
- Demonstrate workplace specific skills, teamwork and customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Demonstrate reading comprehension through written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Select and reject information within the context of a specific information need.
- Use basic computer applications.
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems.
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Interpret and understand manuals, drawings, specifications, and procedures.
- Communicate in writing and speak effectively.
- Manipulate numbers and use trade specific measurement systems to solve problems (Q).