The high school diploma you’ve always wanted is within reach;
let your life experience get you there.
Peninsula College’s HS+ (formerly High School 21+) program offers adults the chance to earn their high school diploma in as little as 10 weeks. Created with working adults and parents in mind, we offer a number of courses online and in the classroom, allowing students to complete work according to their own schedule. HS+ is a competency based program in which students can demonstrate competency in a variety of ways including work and life experience. Our classes combine basic education with rigorous high school curriculum, preparing students to embark on their chosen college or career future. We work with you so that you can earn the high school diploma that will shape your life.
- Recognizes competency acquired through life experience as well as class time.
- Students must be 18 or over to receive their diploma. Students, however, may begin working toward their diploma before turning 18.
- Cost: $25/ quarter (financial aid is available).
- Credits earned in high school count toward current graduation requirements.
- A flexible schedule, with many courses offered online, is designed to allow students to determine how quickly they will complete the program.
- Depending on how many credits were earned in high school, students can receive their degree in as little as 10 weeks.
- The Peninsula College high school diploma is equivalent to one offered by any high school.
Prior Learning Credit:
Peninsula College can award high school credit for knowledge and skills a student acquired beyond the classroom through our Prior Learning Credit feature. Students develop a portfolio in which they document their knowledge and are awarded credit based on this portfolio. Experience that may earn high school credit include but are not limited to:
|Flagger||Food Handler Card||Cross-Cultural Experiences|
|Commercial Driver's License (CDL)||Cosmetology or Culinary School||Bilingual Skills|
|OSHA Safety Training||Operating Machinery||Volunteer Activities|
Courses Offered Online:
|US History||Contemporary World Problems|
|Washington State History||Prior Learning|
|Science||A variety of electives|
To Get Started:
- Obtain transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended.
- Fax, email, or deliver transcripts to the Education Transition Center, Room E-148.
Fax: (360) 417-6383
- Meet with an academic planner to develop a personalized educational plan that fits your needs and schedule.