Campus Safety is currently attending twice-daily briefings of the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) regarding COVID 19
As of the 10:00 am briefing, there were no confirmed cases of COVID 19 in Clallam County.
- Since the 4:30 briefing yesterday one confirmed case of COVID-19 in Jefferson County has been identified.
- The County Health Officer is not recommending closures of public schools or other public spaces, nor cancellation of scheduled community activities. We are following that guidance at this time.
- At this time, no additional cautions beyond those given yesterday. (at risk populations—elderly and those with underlying medical issues—should consider not attending large public gatherings—risk group expanded to include pregnant women)
- EOC will not be operating over the weekend unless conditions change.
- Enhanced messaging around personal hygiene and staying home when ill is still being advised as the most effective means to limit spread of the virus.
- We will provide another update this afternoon after 4:30 p.m. EOC briefing. We’ll also continue to monitor developments over the weekend, and we’ll devote plenty of time for discussion at the President's Monthly Meetings next week.
- In the meantime, please practice enhanced personal hygiene, stay home if you feel ill, and follow the link below for additional info from our State Department of Health:https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus
Dr. Luke Robins