External Information and Resources
Washington Department of Health https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus, call center 1-800-525-0127 and press #
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
World Health Organization https://www.who.int/
Clallam County http://www.clallam.net/coronavirus/index.html, COVID-19 hotline (360) 417-2430
Jefferson County Public Health https://www.jeffersoncountypublichealth.org/1429/COVID-19
Washington State Coronavirus Response: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/
Peninsula College Spring Quarter Student Resources: https://pencol.edu/spring-resources
Peninsula College will update this page when any relevant developments occur.
Feeling stressed or anxious in situations that are uncertain and evolving is normal. We recommend the following steps:
- Find credible sources you can trust to avoid any panic that can be caused by misinformation.
- Follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about preventing the spread of the virus.
- Check our website and social media channels for PC updates.
- And, since as a student you are automatically signed up for PC's Alert system you’ll get important messages sent right to your cell phone.
PC offers the following services to students:
- The Peninsula College C.A.R.E. Team connects students, faculty and staff with resources to help them be successful and safe.
- Mental Health Counseling Services: free, short-term counseling when classes are in session. To schedule an appointment, call (360) 417-6340.
For Faculty and Staff
Feeling stressed or anxious in situations that are uncertain and evolving is normal. We recommend the following in addition to the above steps for students: the Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a free, confidential program created to promote the health, safety and well-being of public employees. They’ve posted a new handout on coping with disease outbreak.
The college intranet (SharePoint) has Human Resources related information for employees.