Summary of Duties
- Participates in the routine preparation, cooking, and serving of food according to a pre- laid out plan.
- Preparing ingredients beforehand, like cleaning, peeling or chopping the vegetables.
- Operates standard cooking equipment such as mixers, steamers, toasters, choppers, ovens and stoves.
- Coordinates and plans own activities with other cooks to have meals ready to serve at scheduled times.
- Assists in maintaining the catering storage and kitchen area, equipment, and utensils in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Evaluates cooking methods, times and temperatures according to food safety standards.
- Reviews all work products to ensure highest level of quality.
- Performs other duties of a similar or related level as necessary or assigned.
- Performs other work as required.
Minimum Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Must know methods and procedures regarding food preservation; kitchen and dining area sanitation; use and care of kitchen and dining area.
- Must know equipment and utensils used in food preparation.
- Communicate effectively.
- Prepare food in quantities.
- Comply with laws and regulations governing food preparation.
- Handle stressful situations in a professional manner, including angry or difficult customers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Prepare quantities of food required with a minimum of waste.
- Maintain kitchen, dining areas, kitchen utensils and equipment in a sanitary manner.
- WA State Food Worker card required
- Ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- Customer service experience
Approximate Hours Per Week:
To be determined
Days and Hours Needed:
To be determined
Preferred Start Date:
Rate of Pay:
$15.89 / hour
PUB, J-Building (Market & Deli)
Camilla Rico, CRico@pencol.edu, 360-417-6444
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.