Summary of Duties
This position will support Community Education programs through excellent customer service, social media marketing and general office duties.
- Provide customer service at the front desk via phone, email and in-person.
- Answer general questions about Community Education.
- Check online registrations and call students with pending orders.
- Guide students through the registration process by phone or email.
- Clerical duties include electronic file organization, data entry, and use of word processing software.
- Social Media posting, design and engagement.
- Draft updates to program webpages.
- Represent Peninsula College and PC Community Education programs at community events.
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Interest in community education programs and engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively in speaking and writing.
- Experience using graphic design systems including Canva and Photoshop.
- Experience with mass email platforms like Constant Contact.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and landscape.
- Customer service experience.
Approximate Hours Per Week:
Up to 19 hours per week
Days and Hours Needed:
To be determined; able to work around student schedule.
Preferred Start Date:
Rate of Pay:
$16.61 / hour
main PC campus, J-Building (PUB)
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.