Summary of Duties
- Assists with the preparation of equipment, materials and supplies for nursing skills lab and simulation lab.
- Assists with maintaining the skills and simulation suites at a high standard, including cleaning and bed making.
- Assists with organizing, sorting and maintaining storage areas.
- Assists with doing laundry in simulation and skills lab including washing, drying, folding and storing linens.
- Assist with simulation activities as needed.
- Communicates effectively
- Works effectively with students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Willingness to become familiar with anatomic, physiologic, medication and pathologic props, including moulage (body fluids, excretions, wounds, medical procedures, etc).
- Physical requirements include the ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse socio-economic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and simulated patients.
- Interest in healthcare or in simulation technology
Approximate Hours Per Week:
Days and Hours Needed:
Varies by quarter; typical days needed are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons
Preferred Start Date:
Rate of Pay:
$18.20 / hour
Allied Health, K-Building, rooms K201 / 202 / 203
Alana Murphy, Director of Nursing
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
In keeping with the College's Guiding Principles, we seek to achieve the following learning outcomes for all student work study employees (where applicable):
1. Time Management/Organizational Skills: Student worker will demonstrate techniques for effective organization and task prioritization, and understand how time management affects his or her job performance and the ability of others to do their jobs, along with appropriate record keeping skills.
2. Professionalism: Student worker will understand expectations for professionalism in the workplace including language, dress, behavior, personal hygiene, and phone/email etiquette.
3. Customer Service: Student worker will be able to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations by listening to customer needs, responding in a timely manner, and anticipating what a customer may need in the future or may need more information or clarification on in the present.
4. Teamwork/Collaboration: Student worker will work successfully in team settings which require flexibility, conflict management at lowest level of resolution possible, and cooperation.
5. Communication Skills: Student worker will communicate in a professional manner and understand the appropriate style of communication based on the audience and the setting or type of meeting.
6. Work Ethic: Student worker will understand the value of a strong work ethic, honesty, integrity, observance of health and safety standards, and the impact those values have on success in the workplace.
7. Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Student worker will demonstrate the analytical ability to gather facts, suggest solutions, discern flaws in reasoning, and make decisions which are sound and timely.
8. Technology: Student worker will develop proficiency in common technology tools, including phone, email, online searches, Zoom or other online meeting platforms, Microsoft Office applications, and specific technology used in the student worker's job duties.
9. Upward Management Skills: Student worker will demonstrate competency on how to communicate needs, concerns, and requests to immediate supervisor and other managers.
10. Workplace Simulation Mastery: Student worker will learn how to receive and learn from feedback, importance of regular input to and from the supervisor, and the supervisor will perform genuine performance evaluations and exit interviews.