Contribute to advances in life, sciences, math, physical sciences and technology. Our laboratories and classrooms will help you learn to solve problems and find creative solutions to challenging projects.
By earning a degree or certificate in the area of Math & Science you'll be on your way to any of the following career opportunities listed below:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Science
- General Science
- Math Education
- Natural Resources Management
- Physical Science
- Sustainable Agriculture
No high school diploma?
No problem! Our pathways let you earn a diploma and a degree at the same time.
Math & Science Learning Outcomes
- Comprehend the difference between written opinions vs ideas supported by scientific inquiry
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate scientific ideas and the process of science
- Manipulate numbers (large and small), use common measurement systems, and solve simple linear algebraic problems
- Recognize functional relationships between and among measurable phenomena
- Apply systematic approaches and logic to solving quantitative problems
- Translate mathematical symbols into words and words into mathematical symbols
- Demonstrate the ability to use modeling and simulation to solve scientific problems
- Recognize the difference between questions of high scientific impact vs those unlikely to provide critical information about a scientific phenomenon or process.
- Ability to apply the process of science
- Identify and troubleshoot scientific problems
- Demonstrate the ability to use quantitative reasoning and analyze data
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the process of science
Personal & Interpersonal
- Gain an understanding of the relationships between science and society
- Gain familiarity with and an appreciation for the interdisciplinary nature of science
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and understand the importance of collaboration in science.