Summary of Duties
- Laundry Service (Every day) for practice gear and shower towels
- Clean field, before and after practice (Every day)
- Print out Scouting reports, team materials, and playbook notes (As needed)
- Weight room clean up (Every day as needed)
- Getting practice materials ready (Every day)
- Assist in fundraising events (As needed)
Minimum Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Must be flexible on times of day for needed tasks
Preferred Qualifications / Skills (not required):
Approximate Hours Per Week:
10-12 hours per week
Days and Hours Needed:
Monday through Friday (laundry will need to be done by 2:15pm)
Preferred Start Date:
Rate of Pay:
$14.49 / hour
Soccer field and A-Building (Cornaby Center)
Jeremiah Johnson, JPJohnson@pencol.edu, 360-417-6352
Coach Jake Hughes will be the supervisor for this position, and Jeremiah Johnson will sign off on timesheets.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14, state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. This applies to work study students as they are employees of the college. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please reach out to the HR Office at email@example.com if you need information on a medical or religious accommodation.
In keeping with the College's Guiding Principles, we seek to achieve the following learning outcomes for all student work study employees (where applicable):
1. Time Management/Organizational Skills: Student worker will demonstrate techniques for effective organization and task prioritization, and understand how time management affects his or her job performance and the ability of others to do their jobs, along with appropriate record keeping skills.
2. Professionalism: Student worker will understand expectations for professionalism in the workplace including language, dress, behavior, personal hygiene, and phone/email etiquette.
3. Customer Service: Student worker will be able to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations by listening to customer needs, responding in a timely manner, and anticipating what a customer may need in the future or may need more information or clarification on in the present.
4. Teamwork/Collaboration: Student worker will work successfully in team settings which require flexibility, conflict management at lowest level of resolution possible, and cooperation.
5. Communication Skills: Student worker will communicate in a professional manner and understand the appropriate style of communication based on the audience and the setting or type of meeting.
6. Work Ethic: Student worker will understand the value of a strong work ethic, honesty, integrity, observance of health and safety standards, and the impact those values have on success in the workplace.
7. Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Student worker will demonstrate the analytical ability to gather facts, suggest solutions, discern flaws in reasoning, and make decisions which are sound and timely.
8. Technology: Student worker will develop proficiency in common technology tools, including phone, email, online searches, Zoom or other online meeting platforms, Microsoft Office applications, and specific technology used in the student worker's job duties.
9. Upward Management Skills: Student worker will demonstrate competency on how to communicate needs, concerns, and requests to immediate supervisor and other managers.
10. Workplace Simulation Mastery: Student worker will learn how to receive and learn from feedback, importance of regular input to and from the supervisor, and the supervisor will perform genuine performance evaluations and exit interviews.