The Peninsula College Foundation, in partnership with EDC Engineering LLC in Seattle, is offering an annual full tuition scholarship for a first and second-year welding student attending Peninsula College beginning this fall. Female applicants will receive priority consideration, and awardees completing the academic year in the top 10 percent of their class will receive an additional $1,000 award at year-end.
“Job opportunities await PC welding students, as EDC Engineering offers them employment opportunities to work and complete the two-year AAS welding program at the same time,” Peninsula College Welding Program Coordinator Eoin Doherty said.
Students who work for EDC will have housing arranged for them by the company in West Seattle. PC welding students will be working on US Navy battleships, guided missile cruisers, landing craft, and more, not only at Harbor Island in Seattle, but at other Naval Installations, both domestically and possibly at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii too.
“EDC was drawn to our program by our extensive aluminum curriculum,” Doherty said. “We are one of a very few welding programs that teaches nearly every semi-automatic welding process, and this drew the attention of Eric Hendrickson, CEO of EDC Engineering. Recently, he came up for a visit and was extremely impressed with our program and wanted to work with PC welding immediately and offer scholarships to our students.”
New and returning PC students can apply online for the welding scholarship, and more than $100,000 in PC Foundation scholarships, by following these steps:
- Visit www.theWashBoard.org.
- Create a login and a personal profile, or update existing profile.
- Enter “Peninsula College” in the search toolbar to see the list of all available PC Foundation scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Apply by May 9, 2021 (late applications are not accepted).
There is no fee and no limit to the number of scholarships that an individual can apply for, as long as the criteria for the scholarship are met.
Other awards are available for new students attending Peninsula College in fall 2021.
- The Prof Tech $1,000.00 award will be given to every newly enrolled student in one of PC’s one-year certificate or two-year degree professional / technical (vocational) programs. Visit https://pencol.edu/scholarships for more information.
- The entire cost of the six-week NAC Program will be covered for every newly enrolled NAC student this fall. For more information email: TSchwiethale@pencol.edu
- Every student in the Peninsula College’s nursing program will receive a $1,000.00 PC Foundation award.
Learn more about the PC Welding Program at https://pencol.edu/proftech/welding.
For information about the Foundation or its scholarships, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 417-6400.