Join the Peninsula College community in celebrating our students’ work in the arts June 8-12, during our Student Arts Festival.
This annual event, sponsored by the college’s Humanities Division, showcases student work in the arts from across campus. Features include performances by our music and drama departments, a student art show in the PUB Gallery of Art, a student film festival, a multimedia book signing event, awards for outstanding English essays, and the ASC sponsored sidewalk chalk art contest.
Here is a snapshot of planned events:
Monday, June 8
- Stay Home Art Contest Series III – Sidewalk Chalk. Create a sidewalk chalk drawing and submit a photo of it to ASC@pencol.edu by midnight on June 12. One entry per student. Prizes are $50, $30, $20 gift cards for first, second and third.
- Peninsula College Student Art Show. Awards presented on the Peninsula College PUB Gallery of Art Facebook page.” View the show here.
- 2020 Peninsula College Student Photography Contest -“Artistic Expression.” View the winners and the participant submittals on the PC Digital Photography Students Facebook page
- Creative Writing Students and Essay Award Winners Reading. This event will begin with a reading of original poetry, fiction, and memoir by students in our creative writing class. Following this will be presentations from the English Department Essay Award winners. 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm.
Join via Zoom at https://zoom.us/j/92516647095
Tuesday, June 9
Multimedia Communications events with Professor Renne Emiko Brock and students:
- 12:00 pm Digital Storytelling students presentation
- 6:00 pm Honors Capstone Project by Multimedia Communications students
- 7:00 pm Moving Pictures Film Festival
Wednesday, June 10
- Student Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Contest
- “Sounds of Popular Music "Coronavid." Synchronous listening of vocal mp4 (30 minutes long) digital performance. 12:30 pm. Enjoy the popular sounds of Peninsula College Vocal Harmony under the direction of Elaine Gardner-Morales and accompanied by Al Harris. All tracks were recorded virtually and were coproduced by Elaine Gardner-Morales and Al Harris.
Thursday, June 11
- AA Honors Symposium 3:30 pm -5:00 pm. Contact Dr. Bruce Hattendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend via Zoom.
Friday, June 12
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. 7:30 pm. (also June 13 & 17)
Join us for a unique Zoom presentation of this production by our innovative Drama department. $6 general admission, students free. Contact Dr. Lara Starcevich @ email@example.com for ticket information.
These events are free, and viewing is open to the public.
Details and more information on the events are available at http://pencol.edu/events/all.