THE CHANGING ROLES OF ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANTS
As a consequence of the rapid changes in technology, business and globalization, administrative job descriptions and titles are changing quickly. With the emergence of technology and automation, the job responsibilities have expanded to include team leader, project coordinator, meeting planner, internet research/market analysis, support of multiple managers.
The Administrative Office Systems fits those expanding responsibilities by offering a flexible choice of career opportunities, degrees, and certificates.
DIRECT TRANSFER TO BACHELOR OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE (BAS)
All AAS-T degrees are directly aligned with the entrance requirements for the BAS degree (offered at Peninsula College).
Program learning outcomes are listed on individual options linked below.
- Executive Secretaries
- Medical Secretaries
- Legal Secretaries
- Secretaries and Administrative Assistants
- Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks
- Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
- Human Resources Assistants
- Medical Dosimetrists, Medical Records Specialists, and Health Technologies
(Source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- AOS Accounting AAS Degree.pdf
- AOS Accounting AAS-T Degree.pdf
- AOS Administrative Assistant AAS Degree.pdf
- AOS Administrative Assistant AAS-T Degree.pdf
- AOS Computer Applications Software Support Specialist AAS Degree.pdf
- AOS Legal AAS Degree.pdf
- AOS Medical AAS Degree.pdf
- AOS Medical AAS-T Degree.pdf
- AOS Administrative Office Systems Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Administrative Software Specialist Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Healthcare Documentation I Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Healthcare Documentation II Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Legal Assistant I Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Legal Assistant II Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Medical Coordinator Specialist Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Office Assistant I Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Office Assistant II Certificate.pdf
- Short Term AOS Receptionist Certificate.pdf