The need for skilled welders is continually growing. As a professional welder, some of the job opportunities you might consider include those as trade welders and fabricators, as well as positions in engineering, plant maintenance, inspection, sales and service, and supervision.
Peninsula College’s one-year, competency-based certificate program provides training for entry-level jobs and gives you the related knowledge necessary for advancement in the metals industry. We also offer a two-year AAS degree. Our curriculum emphasizes workplace safety, welding terminology, welding, cutting techniques, basic blueprint reading, metallurgical properties, and joint design. Instruction centers on classroom study and preparation for AWS certification.
Program learning outcomes are listed on individual options linked below.
- Short Term Welding Technology Beginning Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Intermediate Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Aluminum Welding Technology Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Arc Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology TIG Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Wire Feed Welding Certificate.pdf