Company / Employer
Black Ball Transport has been operating the MV COHO ferry between Port Angeles, WA and Victoria, BC since 1959. We have recently begun offering chartered motor coach tours to a variety of clients including cruise ship passengers and private charters. We are currently seeking an engaging and articulate Trip Leader to research and write several standardized tour manuals, and deliver those tours as a guide on our buses throughout the tourist season.
Manuals that need to be developed include but may not be limited to: Port Angeles to Lake Crescent Lodge, Port Angeles to Hurricane Ridge, Port Angeles to Sequim, Sequim Lavender Farms, Sequim Audubon Center, Sol Duc Falls, Ruby Beach, Hoh Rainforest, Olympic National Park & Forest.
We are looking for a Tour Guide who will remain calm, friendly and enthusiastic at all times and who will demonstrate an extensive knowledge of the Olympic Peninsula, Olympic National Park and the destinations visited on the tours.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Must follow all safety and security protocols, as well as maintain an awareness of potential safety issues.
Must be able to lift 50lbs.
Must be willing and able to assist guests with mobility issues on to and off of the bus.
Must assist with pre- and post-trip logistics and administrative tasks.
Assist in developing and maintaining a resource library for our tours.
Other duties may be required as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree, or a student currently studying Tourism, Hospitality, Business or Communications is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are a plus.
- Ability to memorize and recite facts
- Exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including email and word processing
- Sense of humor and enjoys interacting with the public
- A passion for learning and a willingness to continue to acquire relevant knowledge
- Able to assist disable guest with boarding the bus and storing mobility equipment
- Must have access to a personal computer, a word processing program and a personal internet connection.
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to audition for our management team. We will not wait for application deadline to start interviews. We will set up interviews with candidates we are interested in as we receive their resumes. Candidates not selected for an interview will not be contacted.