It's Not Too Late to Sign Up for the Running Start Program for Fall!
Walk-in testing times (Room D-212)
Mondays: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Wednesdays: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Times listed as a range indicate walk-in testing. To schedule another time, contact the Testing Center at (360) 417-6346 or toll-fee at (877) 452-9277, Ext. 6346.
Placement tests may also be scheduled through the Port Townsend Extension Site at (360) 385-4605 and the Forks Extension Site at (360) 374-3223. Peninsula College accepts most placement tests from other colleges (call the testing center with questions at (877) 452-9277, Ext. 6346).
Advising appointments will be scheduled after the completion of placement testing and orientation.
Taking placement tests
- Placement tests on the Port Angeles campus are offered in the Student Services (clock tower) Building 'D', Room 212.
- Pay the $20 testing fee (retesting fee is $15) at the Student Services Front Desk (main floor).
- Please bring your receipt, picture ID and your Peninsula College ID number to the testing center on the second floor.
The assessment score on the placement test indicates the appropriate starting point for each student. The COMPASS test is a computerized placement test. Calculators may be used in the algebra sections of the test. It is untimed, and therefore it is hard to estimate how long the session may last. Your results will be available minutes after the test. Students may request to take the ASSET test, a paper/pencil timed placement test. COMPASS/ESL (English as a Second Language) is offered to students interested in International English enrollment.
Accessing your placement test scores taken at Peninsula College:
Degree Audit - Log in here as a student with your Peninsula College student identification number and your password (birthdate). The test score tab will appear in the upper right of the screen.
To prepare for your college placement test through Peninsula College's Education Transition Center click here: ABE LAB
- To access a COMPASS practice test, go to this recommended ACT site COMPASS or COMPASS PRACTICE.
- To access an ASSET practice test, go to this recommended ACT site ASSET.
- To further your preparation for the ASSET or COMPASS test try these resources:
You must take a placement test if you have not satisfactorily completed one or more quarters of college-level work, including English and mathematics, with a 2.00 GPA or higher. Incoming students with Advanced Placement Test scores of 3 or better in English and mathematics may have the assessment process waived. Contact Enrollment Services for AP test score evaluation. Call (360) 417-6596 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Running Start candidates can determine eligibility by showing college-level English and/or math skills through assessment.