Veterans Services Responsibilities
There are many VA rules and guidelines regarding your VA benefits. Our office will do the best we can to inform you about requirements, and will refer you to other sources if needed. Please watch for mail and email notifications from the VA and our office regarding your educational benefits.
Veterans Services Office (VSO) Responsibilities
- Certify enrollment status and report changes in enrollment status and grades of veterans and other eligible persons with VA.
- Notify student of any needed documents to complete file.
- Keep up to date on current VA rules and benefits.
- Answer questions about certification status.
- Maintain records of veterans requesting VA educational benefits.
- Act as liaison with VA to assist students when appropriate.
- Complete steps needed to request use of VA benefits.
- Research, understand benefit rules-differences- requirements, etc. and apply for VA benefits.
- Request Military transcripts be sent to Peninsula College.
- Submit online or to Student Services Front desk the VA Benefits Quarterly Request Form and any other needed documents (e.g. DD214, VA award letter, etc.)
- Meet with your advisor during advising week and register for classes each quarter as close to your assigned registration date and time as possible.
- Keep address and direct deposit information current, 1-877-838-2778.
- Use WAVE (Chapter 30, 1606 & 1607 ONLY) to verify attendance, 1-877-823-2378.
- Contact the VA for assistance/questions about your benefits, required forms, WAVE, other benefits 1-888-442-4551.
- Academic Transfer
- Advising Services
- Bookaneer Bookstore
- Campus Safety / Emergency Management
- Career Development / Jobs
- Child Care
- Counseling Services
- Degree & Enrollment Verification
- Financial Services
- Food Services
- Human Resources
- International Student & Faculty Services
- Learning Center / Lab Hours
- Library Services
- Multicultural Services
- Purchasing Services
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Testing Center
- Veterans Services