Basic Food Employment and Training Program (BFET)
The Washington state Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) program provides job search, job search training, educational services, skills training, and other employment opportunities to Basic Food (SNAP) recipients who are not participating in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) WorkFirst work program.
These services are offered at Peninsula College through a partnership between the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and Peninsula College.
BFET Services Include:
- Establishing or maintaining eligibility for Basic Food while in school
- Eligibility for Working Connections Childcare
- Educational planning
- Referrals to on-campus resources as well as outside agencies, programs and funding sources
- Student services such as educational planning, resume assistance, job search assistance
- You may qualify for tuition aassistance, based on availability
- You may qualify for assistance for required textbooks and supplies for classes, based on availability
- You are enrolled in a Professional/Technical program or are in GED, ABE, or ELA (English Language Acquisition) classes
- You have been denied Basic Food previously due to being a student
- You are not receiving TANF benefits through DSHS
- You are receiving or are income-eligible for Basic Food through DSHS
|Household Size||Monthly Gross Income|
|*Add for each additional person||$660|
What is the Next Step?
We can help you get the information you need and help you with the application process!
Contact the WorkFirst/BFET front desk at (360) 417-6296 for any questions or to schedule an appointment with our team.
Not sure if you're eligible? Follow the link below to see what program(s) you may be eligible for!
APPLY HERE for BFET Assistance
- Advising Services
- Bookaneer Bookstore
- Campus Safety / Emergency Management
- Career Development / Jobs
- Child Care
- DSHS Programs
- Food Services
- Human Resources
- International Student & Faculty Services
- Learning Center / Lab Hours
- Marketing Department
- Multicultural Services
- PC Cares! Resources Are Available
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Testing Center
- Veterans Services