Phone: (360) 417-6373
Video Phone: (360) 406-4759
Peninsula College’s goal is to ensure that all aspects of campus life are accessible, equitable, and inclusive for people who experience disabilities. The need for academic accommodations is determined on an individual basis and is not categorically provided based on specific disability type. Some examples of accommodations are:
- Sign language interpreter
- Shared notes
- Extended time, reader, scribe for assessments
- Ergonomic chair
- Alternative format textbooks and/or class materials
The role of the Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) office
- Determines reasonable accommodation plan for qualified students with documented disabilities.
- Provides accommodation services support to students and faculty.
- Assists in the development of self-advocacy skills and disability awareness.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of student records as required by FERPA.
Peninsula College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. Coordination of compliance is the responsibility of the Human Resources Officer. PC HR Office contact: (360) 452-9277.