In Washington State, students can skip up to two years of high school, take required college classes, and receive a high school diploma and transferable college credits or a two-year college Associate Degree. This program is only suitable for students with proven academic success and demonstrated maturity.
- You must be 16 years or older and have completed the equivalent of the U.S. 10th grade or higher in your home country.
- You must demonstrate passing grades at each completed level of high school.
- You must submit original transcripts for the equivalent of the U.S. 9th and 10th grade.
- English Proficiency: Students qualify for direct admission into our academic program if they meet one our approved English Proficiency requirements.
High School Completion Diploma Requirements
- You must meet with an academic advisor each quarter and complete an academic plan. After your transcript is evaluated at PC, your required courses for HSC will be listed in your academic plan.
- If you plan to also complete an Associate Degree, your advisor will help you plan to use your HSC courses toward your Associate Degree.
- You are required to earn these minimum ACT test scores — MATH: 16 READING: 13 WRITING: 15 SCIENCE: 16
- The ACT test may be taken at Sequim High School. You must register for the test in advance online.
- In the United States, students under the age of 18 are considered to be minors. For the safety and well-being of minors, Peninsula College requires that these students and their parents understand and follow these rules:
- Students who do not have a local guardian in the area must live in a homestay until they turn 18 years old. Read more information on homestays.
- Submit the underage student form when applying for admission.
- You must immediately update the International Student and Faculty Services office if you plan to move.
- After completing the program requirements, apply for graduation. An official evaluation must be completed prior to graduation.
- Program graduates receive a State of Washington high school diploma from Peninsula College.