Starting January 22, 2018, the Peninsula College Foundation will be offering dozens of scholarships to students attending Peninsula College for the 2018-2019 school year! Students who are or will be attending Peninsula College can apply for these scholarships via www.theWashBoard.org.
How to find scholarships:
- Go to www.theWashBoard.org to create a log in and start your personal profile. Please Note: DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER. You must use a Firefox or Chrome web browser to effectively navigate the WashBoard site.
- Enter Peninsula College in the "search scholarships” box in the upper right-hand corner.
- Review each scholarship's criteria and application deadline date, and apply!
The 2018-2019 scholarship application process opens January 22, 2018. The deadlines for applications will vary, with the majority due Sunday, April 22, 2018 (check the deadline for each scholarship). Award notifications will be provided to students beginning Monday, May 21, 2018, with the remainder through mid-July, or later, if additional rounds are needed. Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
To view the full list of available Peninsula College and PC Foundation scholarships, visit www.theWashBoard.org, or view the "2018-2019 PC Foundation Full Scholarship List and Criteria" pdf in "Related Documents" below. Check back frequently, as additional scholarship may become available.
You can find a list of additional outside scholarships on the Additional Scholarship Resources page.
Scholarships are available in these areas:
- Nursing and Medical Assistant programs
- Area high school students and graduates
- Automotive technology and welding studies
- Professional Technical
- Single parents
- Vocational studies
- Students with financial need
- Adults returning to college
- Science, environmental studies, math, chemistry, biology, and physics
- English, theatre, music, creative writing, and journalism studies
- First-time students
- Early education, teaching, and library studies
- Business administration
- Community service
- Local Tribal Students
To view the full list of Peninsula College and PC Foundation scholarships that are currently available, view the "2018-2019 PC Foundation Full Scholarship List and Criteria" pdf in "Related Documents" below. Check back frequently, as additional scholarship may become available.
Student tips for scholarship success:
- Start Early! The process opens January 22, 2018. The deadlines for applications will vary, with the majority due Sunday, April 22, 2018 (check the deadline for each scholarship). Many scholarships require recommendations, personal essays, and unofficial transcripts to complete your applications. Don’t wait until the last minute to start your application(s), as late or incomplete applications will not be considered!
- Complete Your Profile! The more complete your profile, the better informed the scholarship committee will be when making final decisions.
- Wow Them with Your Personal Statement! Personal statements and essays are the best way to tell the scholarship committee why you deserve this scholarship. Be sure to provide well-written, creative statements that define your aspirations, career goals, and talents.
- Follow Directions! Be sure to read the application requirements closely and follow the instructions word for word. At the same time, keep it simple. Don’t waste time submitting additional materials that are not required because they will not be included in the review process.
- Submit On Time! You must submit your completed application(s) by the deadline indicated or your application will not be considered.
For full details, please read the 2018-2019 PC Foundation Instructions, Eligibility, and Award Notifications document below.
Peninsula College Foundation
What is WashBoard?
Designed to be a one-stop-site, theWashBoard.org is a free, student-centered, online clearinghouse for Washington students seeking college scholarships. This user-friendly site allows students to search and apply for verified scholarships that are specific to their academic interests, college or university, or other criteria. And it is advertising and spam-free.
Scholarship providers will benefit from the increased exposure, reduced paperwork and access to statewide scholarship data.
To get started, visit theWashBoard.org and register today!