Students who are attending or will be attending Peninsula College can apply now for Peninsula College and Peninsula College Foundation scholarships via the www.thewashboard.org.
The Peninsula College Foundation is currently offering nearly 30 scholarships and over $80,000 in scholarship money to students attending Peninsula College for the 2015-2016 school year!
How to find scholarships:
1. Go to www.thewashboard.org to create a log in and start your personal profile. Please Note: You must use a Firefox or Chrome web browser to effectively navigate the Washboard site.
2. Enter Peninsula College in the “search scholarships” box in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Review the scholarship application criteria and apply!
2015-2016 scholarship applications are due Tuesday, April 21, 2015. Award notifications will be provided to students beginning Friday, May 15, 2015. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Scholarships are available in these areas:
- Nursing and Medical Assistant programs
- Area high school students and graduates
- Automotive technology and welding studies
- Single parents
- Vocational studies
- Students with financial need
- Adults returning to college
- Science, environmental studies, math, chemistry, biology, and physics
- English, theatre, music, creative writing, and journalism studies
- First-time students
- Early education, teaching, and library studies
- Business administration
- Community service
Student tips for scholarship success:
1. Start Early! The process opens January 24 and scholarships are due Tuesday, April 21. Many scholarships require recommendations, personal essays, and unofficial transcripts to complete your applications. Don’t wait until the last minute to start your application!
2. Complete Your Profile! The more complete your profile, the better informed the scholarship committee will be when making final decisions.
3. Wow Them with Your Personal Statement! Personal statements and essays are the best way to tell the scholarship committee why you deserve this scholarship. Be sure to provide well-written, creative statements that define your aspirations, career goals, and talents.
4. Follow Directions! Be sure to read the application requirements closely and follow the instructions word for word. At the same time, keep it simple. Don’t waste time submitting additional application materials that are not required because they will not be included in the review process.
5. Submit On Time! You must submit complete applications by the Tuesday, April 21, 2015 deadline or your application will not be considered.
Peninsula College Foundation
What is WashBoard?
Designed to be a one-stop-site, theWashBoard.org is a free, student-centered, online clearinghouse for Washington students seeking college scholarships. This user-friendly site allows students to search and apply for verified scholarships that are specific to their academic interests, college or university, or other criteria. And it is advertising and spam-free.
Scholarship providers will benefit from the increased exposure, reduced paperwork and access to statewide scholarship data.
To get started, visit theWashBoard.org and register today!
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Student Financial Aid Portal
- Conditions of Award
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Student Loans
- Worker Retraining Resources
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Additional Financial Resources
- How to Videos
- Net Price Calculator