Funding for the Webster Scholarship comes from an endowment established by the late Charles N. Webster, whose family founded the KONP radio station and the newspaper that is now known as the Peninsula Daily News. Award amounts are dependent upon the student’s enrollment level. Students can receive up to $4,500 for an academic year. The courses students must take are identified below. Students must be enrolled in at least 5 credits to be eligible for the scholarship. If the scholarship isn’t used one quarter, the student will lose it for the rest of the year – with the exception of absence due to military service.
The application is now open for Winter quarter (2023-24 aid year), and closes March 8, 2024.
You do not need to re-apply if you've already been awarded the Webster Scholarship for this academic year; only one application is needed per academic year.
- Must be in a declared major of Communications Studies - Journalism, or Multimedia Communications
- Must be in at least 5 credits each quarter
- Must maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at Peninsula College.
- Must maintain at least a 3.0 combined GPA in journalism/multimedia classes
How to Apply:
- Log in to www.WashBoard.org (or register as a scholarship seeker and create a profile if you're new to the site.)
- Use the search box to find the Webster Scholarship 2023-24.
- Apply online through theWashBoard.
- The deadline to apply is March 8, 2024 for the Winter quarter of 2023-24 academic year.