The need for skilled welders is continually growing. As a professional welder, some of the job opportunities you might consider include those as trade welders and fabricators, as well as positions in engineering, plant maintenance, inspection, sales and service, and supervision.
Peninsula College’s one-year, competency-based certificate program provides training for entry-level jobs and gives you the related knowledge necessary for advancement in the metals industry. We also offer a two-year AAS degree. Our curriculum emphasizes workplace safety, welding terminology, welding, cutting techniques, basic blueprint reading, metallurgical properties, and joint design. Instruction centers on classroom study and preparation for AWS certification.
Upcoming Spring and Summer 2018 Aluminum Welding Class
Peninsula College will offer an evening class this spring in Aluminum Welding beginning April 2, 2018 and two sections this summer beginning July 9, 2018. This eight-credit certificate course is industry recognized and AWS certification is built into the training. The spring quarter class will be held from 6:00PM - 9:00PM Monday through Thursday and the summer quarter class will be held from 8:00AM – 12:00PM Monday through Thursday as well as another section held from 1:00PM -5:00PM Monday through Thursday. Check the Spring Quarter schedule page in February for more information! Summer classes will be posted in May.
- Weld all types of joints
- Perform oxyacetylene cutting
- Perform shielded metal arc, gas metal arc, and gas tungsten arc welding
- Apply workplace safety guidelines
- Use and apply welding terminology
- Read basic blueprints
- Understand how metals and alloys are used in a variety of applications of all engineering materials
- Perform FCAW (flux-cored arc welding) for marine and construction applications
Gainful Employment (GE) is a federal reporting and disclosure requirement for programs that prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation. This information is provided in compliance with the U.S. Department of Education Gainful Employment Programs Disclosure regulations. Information will be regularly updated as new data becomes available.
- Short Term Welding Basics Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Beginning Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Intermediate Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Aluminum Welding Technology Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Arc Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology TIG Welding Certificate.pdf
- Short Term Welding Technology Wire Feed Welding Certificate.pdf