Program Description and Eligibility Requirements
The Worker Retraining Program at Peninsula College is designed to provide instruction and training that can lead to family-wage employment. Worker retraining is offered for all Career (Professional Technical) programs. To see a complete list of these programs, please visit the Career Programs page.
Worker Retraining Financial Aid
The financial aid associated with the Worker Training Program may provide grant money for the education and training needs of the following people:
- Workers who have been laid off (in the last twenty-four months).
- Homemakers who no longer have financial support (in the last twenty-four months).
- Workers who were self-employed but have lost their businesses due to economic downturns or natural disasters (in the last twenty-four months).
- People who are working but need to upgrade their job skills and have less than 45 college level credits.
- Eligible veterans (within the last 24 months).
Possible forms of aid include tuition and books, childcare, and transportation.
Application Process: Open
- Click here to Fill out the Worker Retraining Online Application Form or download the PDF version.
- Check with Worker Retraining Financial Aid Coordinator regarding eligibility.
- Register for classes.
Eligible students registering for a short-term program, such as Flagging, may be awarded financial aid for that quarter. If you register in a longer program or otherwise continue your enrollment in a Career program, you may be considered for additional Worker Retraining financial aid, but must also apply for Federal Student Aid Programs. Application packets are available in the Financial Aid Office.
For more information on careers and training opportunities, please visit the Washington Career Bridge.
Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 417-6390.
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Student Financial Aid Portal
- Conditions of Award
- Payment Options
- Financial Aid Refunds
- Student Loans
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Additional Financial Resources
- How to Videos
- Net Price Calculator