Peninsula College recognizes its responsibilities for investigation, resolution, implementation of corrective measures, and monitoring the education environment and workplace to stop, remediate, and prevent discrimination.
Peninsula College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal.
What is Title IX?
Title IX is a comprehensive federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded educational program or activity. Harassment is a form of discrimination. Under Title IX, sex discrimination includes discrimination or harassment based on someone’s:
- Gender identity or expression
- Sexual orientation
- Pregnancy or parental status
- Marital status
A Title IX offense can also be sexual violence. “Sexual violence” is a type of sexual discrimination and harassment. Types of sexual violence include:
- Nonconsensual sexual intercourse
- Nonconsensual sexual contact
- Domestic violence
- Dating violence
How do I report an incident or situation?
Students, employees, and visitors are encouraged to report all forms of discrimination and/or harassment. There are many ways to report:
- File an online report by clicking on “PC Cares Report”
- Email the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call the Title IX Coordinator at (360) 417-6212
- Meet with the Title IX Coordinator, C Building, room C34
- Tell at trusted Peninsula College employee and ask for their help reporting
- Report it to Campus Safety
Policy and Procedure
Who is the Title IX Coordinator?
The Director for Human Resources is the Title IX/EEO Coordinator and has oversight of the College’s compliance with Title IX, the federal regulation that prohibits sexual harassment. The Title IX Coordinator can help you through the process, help with interim measures and connect you with resources.