Getting Started at Peninsula College...
The six steps outlined below will walk you through the application, advising and registration process. Please follow these steps in the order given. If you have questions, concerns, or need further information, please contact email@example.com or (360)417-6340.
Beginning Steps (steps 1 & 2):
1) Apply for Admissions. The earlier the better…apply now online or request a paper version from Student Services using above contact information. Once your application has been processed you will receive a response email/letter that will include your Student Identification Number (SID) and global PIN.
If you have credits from a previous college(s):
- Part 1: Order all prior college official transcripts to be sent to Peninsula College at 1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd., Port Angeles WA 98362. Prior college(s) will have their own official transcript request forms (often on their websites) and often have a fee or you could use this Prior Institution Request for Transcript Form.
- Part 2: Complete this online Transcript Evaluation Request Form to have your prior college credits evaluated towards a Peninsula College degree.
Once you have your Student ID Number SID (steps 3 & 4):
3) Take the Placement Test. Find out more information about the COMPASS and take a practice test. Please note the COMPASS has a $20.00 fee (bring receipt and photo ID with you to the Testing Center). If you have placement scores from another college please have them faxed to (360) 417-6416.
After placement testing and advising orientation (steps 5 & 6):
5) Advise and register. Schedule an advising appointment with Student Development at (360) 417-6340 to discuss classes, create your educational plan, and register for classes. After advising you will use your SID and registration PIN to register online. NOTE: If your official transcripts evaluation of potential transfer credits hasn't processed yet, (see parts 1 & 2 of step 1), please bring an unofficial transcript to your advising appointment.
- Buy or rent your books. Visit the Bookaneer online or in the Pirate Union Building (PUB).
- Get your student photo ID card (ASC card) from the Associated Student Council in the PUB.
- Arrange for transportation/parking and child care. You can get a free quarterly bus pass or campus parking tag. Check out PC's child care options.
- Look into housing options.