Please review the available placement options below. If none of the below placement options work for you, you may be interested in signing up for the Accuplacer placement assessment test (please see below).
Complete your PC application prior to submitting your placement paperwork for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High School Transcripts (within 10 years) may submit unofficial transcripts. High school juniors may submit transcripts with 3 semesters for Running Start placement review. (Placement not available with homeschool or international high school transcripts.)
- GED Test Scores (within 10 years) passing score in Math & RLA taken in 2014 or later
- Self-Placement - may request self-placement into English 90 & Math 63 (not available for Running Start placement)
- Smarter Balanced Scores (within 2 years of high school attendance) ELA Level 3 or 4, Math level 3 or 4 plus required math grade
- SAT Scores (within 3 years of test date) Math minimum score=520, Evidence Based Reading/Writing minimum score=480
- ACT Scores (within 3 years of test date) Math minimum score=21, Reading minimum score=19
- Placement Test Scores - previous ACCUPLACER or Compass test scores
- Placement Reciprocity (within 1 year) placement by another Washington state community/technical college
Submit documentation for the options below to email@example.com
- College Transcripts (may submit unofficial transcripts for placement purposes)
- If you have taken English and math at a Washington State Community College in the last 10 years, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advanced Placement Test Scores or CLEP Test Scores
- International Baccalaureate or Cambridge International Transcripts
Accuplacer Placement Test
What is the Accuplacer Placement Test and why is it important?
- The Accuplacer is an un-timed computer based placement test that assesses your reading, writing, and math skills. The placement assessment indicates the appropriate starting point for your math and English courses and gives you the best chance at registering for classes that match your skills.
Where can I take the Accuplacer and how do I schedule a test?
- The Accuplacer is available for in-person testing at our Port Angeles, Port Townsend or Forks campuses, as well as online by Zoom. Testing is available by appointment only.
- To request placement testing, please complete this online test request form: Placement Test Request. Once your request has been submitted, you will receive and email with available dates and times to take your test.
Please know that you will need your Peninsula College Student ID number. Additionally, a photo ID is required for testing (see ID info document below).
How much does the Accuplacer cost?
- If you are an admitted Peninsula College student, your first test—in English, Math and ESL will be free. If you choose to retake any of the tests, the fee is $15. If you are not a Peninsula College student, you will pay a $20 testing fee.
Information about testing online:
To do online testing you will need:
- A computer or laptop with a webcam/microphone/speakers and high speed internet (Phone and tablets are not supported)
- A space with no interruptions and a clean desk/table with only a computer/laptop, keyboard, mouse, scratch paper, and pencil.