These services are offered at Peninsula College through a partnership between the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and Peninsula College.
The Washington state Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) program provides job search, job search training, educational services, skills training, and other employment opportunities to Basic Food (SNAP) recipients who are not participating in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) WorkFirst work program.
BFET Services Include:
- Establishing or maintaining eligibility for Basic Food while in school
- Eligibility for Working Connections Childcare
- Educational planning
- Referrals to on-campus resources as well as outside agencies, programs and funding sources
- Student services such as educational planning, resume assistance, job search assistance
- You may qualify for tuition assistance, based on availability and need
- You may qualify for assistance for required textbooks and supplies for classes, based on availability and need
- You are enrolled in a Professional/Technical program or are in GED, HS21+, or ELA (English Language Acquisition) classes
- You have been denied Basic Food previously due to being a student
- You are not receiving TANF benefits
- You are receiving or are income-eligible for Basic Food through DSHS
April 1, 2023 - March 31, 2024
|Household Size||200 percent FPL||Household Size||200 Percent FPL|
|Add $857 for each person over 10 AU members|
What is the Next Step?
We can help you get the information you need and help you with the application process!
Contact the WorkFirst/BFET front desk at (360) 417-6296 for any questions or to schedule an appointment with our team.
APPLY HERE for BFET Assistance
- Basic Food through DSHS - https://www.washingtonconnection.org/home/
For live assistance, drop into our Virtual Lobby:
In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.