In the nursing program, they really encourage all of us to communicate and study together. We’ve all developed strong support relationships quickly."
Explore Career & Degree Pathways
Below is a list of our Areas of Study program maps that will prepare you to earn a degree or certificate.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze how multicultural audiences shape written, visual, oral, aural, and performative communication and its meaning.
- Generate effective written and oral communication for a variety of purposes and diverse audiences.
- Generate effective visual or performative communication.
- Apply basic computational skills to practical applications.
- Recognize functional relationships between and among measurable phenomena
- Apply systematic approaches and logic to solving quantitative problems
- Translate mathematical symbols into words and words into mathematical symbols
- Identify research goals and retrieve information.
- Synthesize, apply, and properly cite information to meet an identified purpose.
- Evaluate the credibility of information and information sources, and distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Interpret and analyze meaning from written, visual, oral, aural, and performative works.
- Analyze and understand diverse individual and community perspectives and values.
- Understand and analyze social justice issues and movements.
- Generate creative works that demonstrate a process of critical reflection, analysis, experimentation, and original thought.
Personal & Interpersonal
- Consider ideas that conflict with individual value systems.
- Function under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others.
If you are excited to learn, want to study with classmates who share your enthusiasm, and seek an opportunity to work with faculty mentors to explore your unique intellectual interests, our Honors Program is for you.