This class prepares students to receive a Flagger Certification card, which is valid for 3 years in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana. Students must be at least 18 years old and must bring a valid State I.D. Card or Drivers License to the class. There is an open book test at the end of class in which you must have a passing score of 80% in order to receive your certification.
Classes are offered regularly at Peninsula College Campuses.
- Class includes a 30 minute lunch break.
- Students receive Traffic Control Flagger Certification Handbook (yours to keep and reference on the job).
- Students take an open book test at the end of the class.
- Successful completers receive a Flagger Certification Card.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age.
Flagger Training Course Requirements
- To complete the Flagger Certification Training Course, you must be physically able to do following tasks:
- Receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
- Move and maneuver quickly.
- Control signaling devices, such as paddles.
- Understand and apply safe traffic-control practices.
- Recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers.
- Stand for prolonged periods on uneven surfaces.
- Traverse uneven surfaces and terrain.
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Grasp, push, or pull.
- Hear warnings.
- See dangerous situations.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Receive, understand, and take positive appropriate action based on information/instructions presented verbally and/or in writing.